The Ape card is a method of payment that can be used to purchase all Arcobaleno tickets.
The Ape card cannot be used to buy Arcobaleno passes and tickets for destinations outside Ticino and the district of Moesano.
The Ape card can be used as an e-ticket for:
- Multi-journey travelcards (single and short-journey tickets)
- Multi-day travelcards
- Multi-class upgrade tickets
What else do you need to know?
- Minimum amount that can be topped up at the ticket machines and on the buses: CHF 5.-
- Minimum top-up in order to receive free credit: CHF 20.-
- Maximum amount that can be topped up: CHF 500. - (including any free credit)
- Initial and consequent top-ups are made using cash and, where possible, the main debit and credit cards
- The credit on an Ape card cannot be used to purchase another Ape card
- The Ape card cannot be purchased, topped up, stamped or used as a method of payment at the SBB train stations