A company travelcard is the ideal solution for companies who wish to cover the firm’s mobility requirements and those of its employees. If the company covers a part of the travelcard costs of at least 5 employees, the Arcobaleno integrated fare network (CTA) grants a further discount. The company amount has to be at least 15% and at most 85% while the CTA contributes 15%.
The Arcobaleno company travelcard is an annual travelcard that enables employees of associated companies to purchase a travelcard at a reduced price. If the company covers a part of the travelcard cost for its employees, the Arcobaleno integrated fare network grants a further discount (the reductions are cumulative).
- The Arcobaleno company travelcard is an annual travelcard for 1st or 2nd class and is valid for the selected zones.
- The company can limit its contribution to 2nd class only and to the zones required for the journey from home to work and back.
- The contributions are calculated on the Arcobaleno annual travelcard prices.
- Employees who already hold an Arcobaleno annual travelcard may purchase a company travelcard before their own expires provided they purchase a 1st class supplement and/or additional zones.
- There is no refund of the travelcard if a lower number of zones is required for the same route when buying a new travelcard as a result of a change in the zone map (extract from tariff CTA 651.17).
- For the fiscal aspects deriving from the Arcobaleno company travelcard, please refer to the instructions published on the Ticino Cantonal tax authority's website.
How to subscribe
The interested company contacts the CTA, which will refer the request to the company mobility consultant who will explain in detail all the advantages for the company and its employees. The company will support the employees in filling out the application form and in forwarding the necessary documents to the issuing office.
Please use the following contact form only if you are a company who wishes to be contacted by a mobility consultant.
Employees who wish to purchase or renew an Arcobaleno company travelcard must refer only to the contact person within their company.
Where and how to purchase
The monthly travelcard on the SwissPass
This can be issued initially at an authorised sales counter. The travelcard can also be purchased by telephone on the following numbers: PostBus, advice and sales on 0840 852 852 or via the SBB Contact Center, advice and sales, 0848 44 66 88 (CHF 0.08/min., 24 hours); payment by credit card.
- The SwissPass (red card) can be replaced multiple times subject to a processing fee.
- The amount is CHF 30, based on Tariff T600, clause 200.1.
- Further information at www.arcobaleno.ch/swisspass
Monthly travelcard in paper format
From March 1, 2022, monthly travelcards are no longer issued in paper but may be purchased and renewed exclusively on SwissPass, as with annual travelcards.
The monthly travelcards on the SwissPass are renewed at authorised sales counters and on the following numbers: PostBus, advice and sales on 0840 852 852 or via SBB Contact Center, advice and sales, 0848 44 66 88 (CHF 0.08/min., 24 hours); payment by credit card.
It is also possible to renew at sbb.ch/purchase.
Travelcards in paper format can either be renewed at the sales counters or at ticket machines and directly with drivers of regional buses. Renewal with the issuing transport companies is recommended.
If you have a ticket or travelcard for 2nd class, you can travel in 1st class by purchasing a class upgrade. Both tickets must be shown at the ticket check.
See all useful documents here.
Hourly calculation and rates
View the schedule online and calculate the zone/time rate.